FWD: XFree 4.2.0 debs

----- Forwarded message from Shaya Potter <spotter@cs.columbia.edu> -----

From: Shaya Potter <spotter@cs.columbia.edu>
Date: 20 Apr 2002 23:10:13 -0400
To: debian-x@lists.debian.org
Subject: XFree 4.2.0 debs

look at http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~spotter/x/

if people could mirror it, it be nice :)

remember, these are quick and dirty debs.  They are not production
quality at all, I've been using them on my Thinkpad T21 w/o much issue,
but don't yell if they break on you.  I believe you should be able to
downgrade to 4.1.0-16 but I haven't tested that (except the xlibs stuff)

I recommend you use Branden's xlibs, as there seems to be a locale
problem with these xlibs that causes acroread to crash, applications to
print out warnings each time (at least in gnome) and Evolution to have
font issues.

I downgraded (i.e. dpkg -i xlibs_*.deb xlibs-dev_*.deb) to the the
4.1.0-16 debs and everything seems to work fine.

XFree86 Version 4.2.0 / X Window System
Release Date: 18 January 2002
        If the server is older than 6-12 months, or if your card is
        newer than the above date, look for a newer version before
        reporting problems.  (See http://www.XFree86.Org/)

In building these I realize how much work Branden has put into them.
People should give him a break. :)  kudos for the great job he has
done!.

shaya

----- End forwarded message -----
--