Re: Utility to convert videos

On Sun, 2002-04-21 at 17:16, Michael Kaminsky wrote:
> My digital camera can create short movies which are in AVI file format
> and use the Motion JPEG codec.  I have several programs that can play
> them; that's no problem.
>  1. What's the best file format and codec such that people using
>     Windows, Mac, and Unix can view the video relatively painlessly?
>     (A smaller size/better compression would also be great.)

Welll like you allready stated, you can allready play them. I assume
that since they're avi files windows media player has no problems with
them either. I can't comment about the mac, but I'm sure it's capable of
playing avi's with mjpegs.

>  2. Is there a Linux command-line utility that can convert from my
>     current AVI/Motion JPEG format to this other format (command-line
>     is preferable but not technically a requirement)?

Transcode... don't ask me how it works...

--
Mark Janssen    Unix / Linux, Open-Source and Internet Consultant @
SyConOS IT