Re: re-installing dpkg when dpkg is borked

On Sun, 21 Apr 2002, Gary Turner wrote:

> 	2.  How do you install dpkg if dpkg is broken?  Since I have yet to
> compile any packages, doing so for a critical app is not high on my list
> of druthers.  Find a .tar.gz pkg?

apt-get source dpkg (you must have deb-src lines in your
/etc/apt/sources.list for this to work).  You might be able to boot
using the Debian CD, hit L.alt-F2 to get a console, mount your
partitions in /mnt, chroot /mnt, and use the CD's copy of dpkg to
install dpkg...someone else could probably clarify this since I haven't
done a whole lot of chrooting myself....

--
Baloo