Re: apt-get upgrade won't

Gary Turner <kk5st@swbell.net> writes:

> On Sat, 20 Apr 2002 07:28:23 -0500, Dan Griswold wrote:
>
> >Just a guess: could you try apt-get dist-upgrade instead?
>
> Thanks for the response, Dan.  No glory though.  I did also try using
> dselect.  Everything looks like it's downloading and it asks for config
> info.  Then nada.  No new man pages install, and the new pkgs cannot be
> found.

Just thrashing around here (so I hope someone more knowledgeable jumps
in soon :o ) -- does it help to do apt-get clean, then apt-get
dist-upgrade again ? That might rebuild some links.

> More info-- apt-cache show works, and dpkg -l does not.  Don't they read
> from the same file? (/var/lib/dpkg/available)  Doesn't this suggest that
> some kind of link is broken?

Need a little more info, because, strictly speaking, apt-cache show
and dpkg -l are not equivalents. That would instead be dpkg -p , I
would think.

> I need some help here. :^(

I'm trying, but I fear I've not been enough of a help!

Cheers,

Dan

--