Re: Broken Perl module

On Fri, Apr 19, 2002 at 09:42:13PM +0200, Tim van den Elsen wrote:
> A few days ago i wanted to update the newest packages. I always use
> 'dselect'. When dselect tried to update and install a certain package
> (it had something do to with perl, can't remember exact name) it gave an
> error. It was late that day so i went to bed :D
[...]
> 1 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 1  not upgraded.
> 2 packages not fully installed or removed.
> Need to get 0B/2800kB of archives. After unpacking 0B will be used.
> Do you want to continue? [Y/n]
> debconf: Perl may be unconfigured (syntax error at
> /usr/share/perl/5.6.1/FileHandle.pm line 10, near "@ISA ="

Could you post the output of 'dpkg -l perl\*'? If any of them are in bad
states (normally indicated by one of the first two letters of a line
being in uppercase) then configuring it with 'dpkg --configure' or
reinstalling it may help.

Also, make sure you don't have a strange version of perl somewhere else
on the $PATH while running dselect.