Re: Intermittent System Lockup (long)

On Fri, 2002-04-19 at 03:23, Karsten M. Self wrote:
<snip>

Have you thought of the possibility of a dirty power supply?  My friend
was having a problem like this.  Our university's power is dirty in the
first place then he added some not to well conected fans inside his case
to the problem.  He started getting strange lock-ups and sudden shut
downs.  He checked everywhere till an electrical engineering major came
in and tested his power supply and found all kinds of interference.  The
EE major put some kinda device on the power supply and it cleared
everything up.  Maybe thats your problem.

--
-Peace kid
  Scott Henson	shenson2@wvu.edu

"God's the ultimate playa, so naturally He's going to have some haters,"
rapper Ice Cube said. "But these haters need to realize that  if you
mess with the man upstairs, you will get your ass smote. True dat."