Re: my isp is being told *i* am broadcasting spam?

begin  Noah Meyerhans quotation:

> HA!  That's the most rediculous thing I've ever heard on this list.

"ridiculous".

> The
> only thing a firewall is good for is to provide you with a false sense
> of security.

A firewall is a useful tool for securing a network.  If you don't know
enough about security to know that, you shouldn't be pontificating on
the subject in a public list.  Like any other tool, it is neither
necessary nor sufficient in and of itself.

> If you want to be able to run services like web or mail
> servers, you by definition must start punching holes in your firewall.

And, of course, opening a single hole in a firewall makes it completely
useless.  NOT.  Go away, troll.

--
Shawn McMahon                    | McMahon's Laws of Linux support:
http://www.eiv.com               | 1) There's more than one way to do it