Re: xdm/wdm/gdm/kdm/login.app etc.

On Thu, Apr 18, 2002 at 05:58:59PM -0700, Charles Baker wrote:
> I'm setting up a general use box for my family. It
> would be easier on all if there was a graphical login.
> I'm wondering which of these display managers to
> choose? Does anyone know of a comparison? We'll be
> using WindowMaker and Xfce as our primary
> windowmanagers. I'm not trying to start a religious
> war, just need info.

wdm is probably the most WindowMaker-like and it works great by me.

> Also, since Debian's default run level is 2, is there
> any compelling reason to make the graphical login be
> part of a different run level?

Debian leaves the runlevels for you to use however you prefer.  If
you want to use them to control graphical login, go for it.  If you
prefer to just ignore them (like most of us), that's cool too.

have already won. - reverius

Innocence is no protection when governments go bad. - Tom Swiss