Re: mutt and my email address

On Wed, Apr 17, 2002 at 07:54:25PM +0200, Matijs van Zuijlen wrote:
| On Wed, Apr 17, 2002 at 12:09:28PM -0500, Brooks R. Robinson wrote:
| > Greetings,
| > 	Okay, so I'm trying to transition off of pine and Microsoft Outlook and
| > move to mutt.  I've got most things tweaked the way I like them, but the I
| > can't seem to find a configuration that works for changing my 'from' email
| > address.  I use a dyndns.org hostname for my machine, but I want people to
| > see my address to be from another domain (that I have pointed at the same
| > box).  According to the man page, it uses the EMAIL environment variable,
| > but setting/changing it seems to make no difference.  I've also put "set
| > use_domain=yes" and "set hostname = domainthatiwant.org" in my .muttrc, but
| > those don't seem to help either.  What am I missing?
|
| I have this in my .muttrc:
|
|     set realname="Matijs van Zuijlen"
|     set from=Matijs.van.Zuijlen@xs4all.nl
|     set use_from

I use this in conjunction with a my_hdr directive and some send-hooks
to use a different address depending on where the message is going to.
Here's what I have :

set realname="dman" from='dman@dman.ddts.net'
set use_from

# reset the From: header first.  This must execute before the below hooks.
send-hook '~t ^.*$' unmy_hdr From

#  this works, but is harder to reset each time.
#send-hook '~t ^.*@iteams\.org$' \
#    set realname='Derrick\ Hudson' from='derrick.hudson@iteams.org'
send-hook '~t ^.*@iteams\.org$' \
    my_hdr 'From: Derrick Hudson <derrick.hudson@iteams.org>'

send-hook '~t ^exim-users@exim.org$' my_hdr 'From: dman <dsh8290@rit.edu>'

-D

--

Whoever loves discipline loves knowledge,
but he who hates correction is stupid.