mutt and my email address

Greetings,
	Okay, so I'm trying to transition off of pine and Microsoft Outlook and
move to mutt.  I've got most things tweaked the way I like them, but the I
can't seem to find a configuration that works for changing my 'from' email
address.  I use a dyndns.org hostname for my machine, but I want people to
see my address to be from another domain (that I have pointed at the same
box).  According to the man page, it uses the EMAIL environment variable,
but setting/changing it seems to make no difference.  I've also put "set
use_domain=yes" and "set hostname = domainthatiwant.org" in my .muttrc, but
those don't seem to help either.  What am I missing?

Thanks,

Brooks