Re: Samba alternative

On Tue, Apr 16, 2002 at 11:49:08AM -0500, Alex Malinovich wrote:
> I've heard that SMB isn't really the greatest protocol for file sharing
> between systems on a LAN. I've also heard good things about Coda and a
> few strong-points about NFS.

I was about to start use Coda when I realised the pretty high hardware
requirements. NFS OTOH is so simple that any box can use it. Since it
is in your home security might not be a priority, but NFS lacks real
authentication mechanisms.

--
Note that I use Debian version 3.0
Linux emac140 2.4.17 #1 sön feb 10 20:21:22 CET 2002 i686 unknown

Hans Ekbrand