Re: How do I get off the list??

"Wayne Topa" <brittman@capital.net> writes:
> Eileen(eileen@orbell.com) is reported to have said:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have tried for 2 weeks to ge off this list.  As you can see, from
>
> I continue to see people having this problem.  Why?
>
> I just changed ISP's and was subscribed to a half dozen Debian
> mailing lists.  I went to www.debian.org, went to the mailing list
> page, and while logged into my old ISP cancelled all of my
> subscriptions.  I replied to the Confirm Cancellation notices, while
> logged into my OLD ISP, and within hours, all were cancelled.
>
> I then re-subscribed while logged into my new ISP and am now getting
> all mail at the new address.
>
> This is 'not' Rocket Science.

Hmm. One data point does not a trend make.

I remember back around December I wanted to unsubscribe to keep from
spamming the list with bounce messages during our Winter shutdown. I
sent the message, got a confirmation and sent it in. No luck. Tried at
least 4 times all with the same result. When I told this list about my
problem several folks came back with "Worked for me". It turns out
some parameter had been adjusted at the beginning of the week that was
causing unsubscribe confirmations to be ignored. Those who had
informed me of their trouble-free experiences were basing it on
something they'd done a week or more prior to my attempts. Perhaps
something similar is going on now. Perhaps it was fixed before you
unsubscribed?

Gary