Re: Why was Galeon droped from STABLE?

stan <stanb@awod.com> writes:

> Subject line says it all.
>
> This is the best browser out there tofay & I have production machines on
> testing that I don't want to mess with unstable peices for, so now dselect
> is trying to remove my browser :-(

I believe the reason was something along the lines of galeon was
dependent upon a version of mozilla that had RC bugs, and both were
removed but mozilla made it back in.  If you want to know why galeon
hasn't made it back, you can always check update excuses:

http://ftp-master.debian.org/testing/update_excuses.html

If it makes you feel any better, the Woody release notes still say that
galeon is a new browser appearing in Woody.

--
Brian Nelson <nelson@bignachos.com>