Re: starting nfs - allow/deny

Alvin,

knuth:/etc# exportfs -vr
exporting 192.168.8.0/255.255.255.0:/
unexporting feynman.amplepower.com:/ from kernel
feynman.amplepower.com:/: Function not implemented
knuth:/etc# exportfs -v
/
192.168.8.0/255.255.255.0(rw,async,wdelay,nohide,insecure,no_root_squash)

Originally, the exports file was explicit for feynman.amplepower.com, and
apparently that name got embedded in kernel space.  Even though I've
modified the exports file per your suggestion, I can't get rid of feynman
in the kernel - but even more reason why I should be able to mount
feynman.

At least knuth is equal no-opportunity.

root@bohr:~# mount /mnt/knuth
mount: knuth.amplepower.com:/home failed, reason given by server:
Permission denied

--
Sincerely,

David Smead