Re: Wrong characters in man pages

On Tue, Apr 16, 2002 at 09:02:34PM +0200, DSC Siltec wrote:
> I have the opposite problem ,  but I can help  you with yours
> even as I ask about mine.
>
> You are using the ISO-8859-2 character set, or else the Eastern-European
> character set.  That includes such things as Polish (Z-caret, S-caret,
> C-caret, also an L-crossbar that sounds like "w".)
>
> Use the TT-font server to select a different font.   Or select a
> different font in your applications.   In netscape, for example, edit
> preferences, and then your first option->second choice is "fonts".

This wasn't my problem, it was that of Matijs van Zuijlen. I hope you
don't mind me cc'ing your message back to the list so that he can see
it.

I'm really curious as to how he ended up with ISO-8859-2 output, though,
as the version of groff in Debian doesn't support it and Matijs said he
was using an ISO-10646-1 font.

> My own problem:
>
>    I really want the ISO8859-13 set, which contains the Baltic font:
> Z-caret (Zhe), C-caret (che), S-caret (esh), but also a-cedilla,
> e-cedilla, e-dot, i-cedilla, u-bar (long u), u-cedilla.
>
>   But Linux doesn't support that, for some reason, even when the fonts
> include it.  [I imported my Windoze fonts, which also have this same
> Baltic representation, but cannot display them with Linux].
>
>   Does anyone know if there is an *unstable* version of a TT font server
> that will provide ISO8859-13?
>
>   Or why doesn't Linux support the Baltic fonts?

I can't help you here - maybe somebody else on the list can.

Cheers,