Alternative to DEBIAN-CD

I find debian-cd complicate and I cannot find the reason why it should be.
All I want is to go to my usual mirror site and get woody distribution
files and write them to a cd so that I can go home and update my
computer to woody. 'potato' is just plain old - released in 2000, etc. I
have a scanner that needs plustek driver which has been available since
long time ago but 'potato' uses an old version that does not include this
driver(sane program). So I have to upgrade to 'woody' or compile the
program myself (which is what I had to do with lots of stable releases
such as jpilot)

The best alternative would be if I was able to get the woody files and
burn a cd and go home and install on my home machine. Trying to use
debian-cd was wasting my time. I could not understand the cryptic error
messages (if they were error messages at all :) ). All I want is a
program that will take the address of the mirror site, the dist I want,
and say get woody for me. Have the program get it. Simple.

So are there any alternatives to debian-cd?

Daniel J. Mashao
Electrical Engineering                    daniel@eng.uct.ac.za
University of Cape Town	       	          http://daniel.eng.uct.ac.za
Rondebosch, 7700, S. Africa               (w) 021-6502816  (c) 082-928-3692