Re: starting nfs

David,

Thanks for you help.

I used your suggestions and at least got the nfs packages.  They must not
be in the base install.  Is their an apt-get command that makes a list of
everything not installed?

However I do have some errors:

knuth:/etc/init.d# ./nfs-kernel-server start
Starting NFS kernel daemon: nfsdnfssvc: Function not implemented
 mountd.
Exporting directories for NFS kernel daemon...feynman.amplepower.com:/:
Function not implemented
done.
knuth:/etc/init.d# ps ax |grep rpc
 2545 ?        S      0:00 /sbin/rpc.statd
 2557 ?        S      0:00 /usr/sbin/rpc.mountd
 2596 pts/5    S      0:00 grep rpc

According to Osamu Aoki, I should also see  /usr/sbin/rpc.nfsd.

--
Sincerely,

David Smead
http://www.amplepower.com.