Re: [headed OT] Re: scripting

On 2002.04.16 02:21 John S. J. Anderson wrote:
Shawn McMahon <smcmahon@eiv.com> writes:

> begin  Shawn McMahon quotation:
> >
> > The compliation step is seperate from the execution step, from the
> > perspective of the user.
>
> I should add "that is the definition most people mean when they don't
> know enough not to call non-scripting 'programming'".

I'm confused by the above statement. Canceling out the double
negative, I get

  "that is the definition most people mean when they know enough to
  call non-scripting 'programming'".

Is that what you meant to say, or were you trying to say something
else? Double negatives are confusing.

I am glad someone else was confused.  I thought it was just me.

--
Andrew