TTF howtos for linux in general and debian :)

On Monday 15 April 2002 10:04 pm, DSC Siltec wrote:
> (2) I have linux on the same box as Windoze, and Windoze does have
> TT fonts that include the baltic (ISO 8859-13) fonts.  Is there
> some way I can import those fonts, and then use them with X, so
> that I can read my Lithuanian email with it?  I am figuring that
> the  fonts will be under a valid license, since it is the same
> computer, and I have a Win98 license.

I found this XF86 font deuglification mini HOWTO very useful when I
was a RH user not too long -->
http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/mini/FDU/index.html

But things have changed and as of this weekend, I'm a debian user.
I found this -->
http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/docs/HOWTO/mini/other-formats/html_single/TT-Debian.html
but have yet to test it out.

This at least solves your 2nd doubt, I hope!
Good luck!
Addis

"... a la ciudad lejana no vuelvas nunca, nunca jamás..."