Re: splitting an audio file

On  0, csj <csj@mindgate.net> wrote:
[split - I mean snip!]
> I haven't tried this though. None of my .ogg files are large enough to
> bother splitting. As for recombining, I don't see the point. Why
> recombine what you just split?

So that it fits exactly on a CD, I gather.  Your method (with the
vorbis package) seems far safer to me than the 'split' method - the
split would have to be aligned correctly (allowing for 16 bit audio,
or stereo data etc) otherwise you might end up with half of a sample
on one CD and half on the next, mightn't you?  I guess if the data is
split at a 1k boundary then that's fairly safe, but it seems to be
playing fast and dangerous to me...

Tom
--
Tom Cook

"That you're not paranoid does not mean they're not out to get you."
	- Robert Waldner

Get my GPG public key: https://pinky.its.adelaide.edu.au/~tkcook/tom.cook-at-adelaide.edu.au