Linux baltic fonts?

Hi -- I'm in the Baltic area, and I'd like to be able to use Baltic
fonts.  They include the following
characters, pronounced like they are written:

"Esh"  - S with a little u or v over the top of the S:  says "sh"
"Che" - C w/ u or v over the top:  says "ch"
"Zhe" - Z w/ u or v over the top: says "z" as in "azure"

"E-nosine" - E with a curved comma hanging down from righthand side of
the bottom-bar:  says "e" like "men", but with the tongue higher at the
back of the mouth.
"I - nosine" - I the same way:  comma in the same position.
"A - nosine" - A the same way :  says "A" like "father"
"U - nosine" - U the same way:  says "U" like "bun", but a half-beat
longer in time.

"Long E" - E with a dot over it:  says "A" like "CaN"
"Long U" - U with a bar over it: says "oo" like "boot"

I'd also like to be able to switch my keyboard between the American
configuration and
a configuration that would allow me to type these characters directly.

Ideally, I'd also like a utility that lets me see the fonts and their
codes, as the apple-menu utility "KeyCaps" does on the Macintosh.

Does anyone know how to do these three things?  And will they work in
text as well as X, or only one or the other?  And what fonts include
them?  I should note that some fonts like Microsoft Times font include
these things.

 - Michael Rudmin