Re: Cntrl_home and Cntrl_end in emacs21 on console?

On Sat, Apr 13, 2002 at 05:03:34PM +0200, Henrik Enberg wrote:
> Johann Spies <jhspies@adept.co.za> writes:
>
> > How can I tell emacs in the console environment to accept the
> > combination of Cntrl and the Home and End keys?
>
> It is not possible to tell the difference between C-home and home on
> the console.
>
> > Or is there another way to go to the top or bottom of the document in
> > emacs21?
>
> M-< goes to the top
> M-> goes to the bottom

Thanks for this answer.  I replied on a similar one yesterday from my
home computer.

On my two office computers (one sid and one woody) these short-cuts
are working on the console of the sid computer but not on woody. On my
home computer (also woody) it is working.

On the woody computer at work Esc-< and Esc-> does what M-< and M->
should do.

I am not sure how to correct that.  I have tried and copied my default
keymap from the Sid computer to Woody, but this did correct the
situation.

Any ideas?

Johann
--
Johann Spies          Telefoon: 021-808 4036

     "And they questioned Him, saying "...Is it lawful for
      us to pay taxes to Caesar, or not? ...And He said to
      them "...render to Caesar the things that are
      Caesar's, and to God the things that are God's."
                      Luke 20:21,22,25