Re: splitting an audio file

Cheryl Homiak wrote:
Hi all.
is there a tool I can use to split and recombine 90-minute audio files so I can
fit them on cds? The files I have are ogg files. I have, for instance, something
that would probably be two 90-minute ogg files and I want to burn the audio onto
3 cds. They are spoken rather than music.
Thanks.

I have had pretty good success by just using 'split'[split -b 650m file file] to split the file and then 'cat file?? > file' to recombine. You probably won't be able to play the parts except for the first part though until you recombine.