Re: upgrade to ext3 ?

begin  marshal@h9.dion.ne.jp quotation:

> In a semi-related question, is there a way to change the / partition
> to ext3 and keep the .journal file hidden?  Without booting from a
> book disk, since I don't have a bootable disk drive, nor a CD burner.
> (Running a Mac PowerBook.)

To the best of my knowledge, there is no way to unmount the root
filesystem on a running system, without rebooting with a different root
filesystem.

If you have a partition you don't mind doing without, you could install
Linux on it and boot it, but otherwise, I'd suggest getting a USB floppy
from a friend.

--
Shawn McMahon                    | McMahon's Laws of Linux support:
http://www.eiv.com               | 1) There's more than one way to do it