Re: VNCserver goes into session not gdm

On Sat, 2002-04-13 at 21:57, hanasaki wrote:
> How do i get gdm to run on the vnc server when a client connects?  It is
> just going inot the session

It sounds to me like what you want to do is not have VNC start gdm, but
the other way around. Gdm spawns, and respawns, X servers. Xvnc is an X
server. By all rights, there should be a way to get gdm to manage a
vncserver, and put its login prompt there. I'm not sure exactly how this
would go, but I imagine it would involve pointing the Servers section of
gdm.conf to the Xvnc executable instead of the regular X server, with
appropriate command line options.

On the other hand, this sounds partially like a Bad Idea. At the very
least, you should ensure that root logins are disabled, and a large fail
delay set.