Re: Installing & Getting Rid of gdm in Woody

Rehi!

Replying to my own post. Here's what I tried:

I "apt-get remove"d fluxbox. That worked without any problems. I commented
out "set -e" in the "/var/lib/dpkg/info/gdm.prerm" script, since I guessed
it might be the culprit. Reran "apt-get remove gdm" ==> same problem (hung
after printing "Removing gdm"). I then added "set -x" to the
"/var/lib/dpkg/info/gdm.prerm" script. Finally I tried "apt-get remove
gdm" again. The last few lines of what's executed by the gdm.prerm script
follow:

+ local _LINE
+ read -r _LINE
+ RET=gdm
+ return 0
+ '[' gdm = gdm ']'
+ '[' -e ']'
+ db_get gdm/daemon_name
+ echo 'GET gdm/daemon_name'
+ local 'IFS=
'
+ local _LINE
+ read -r _LINE
+ RET=/usr/bin/gdm
+ return 0
++ cat

My guess is that the script is waiting for input (indicated by the line
containing the cat command). Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with prerm
scripts so I don't know what the script is looking for.

Any ideas? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Greetings,

	Holger