Re: Wrong sender address!

Andreas Grabner <grabner@grabner-it.at> wrote:
> After reading in my Exim book (page 1 to 10) i know where a lot of my
> mails go they are bounced to "andi@film" which does not exist in
> Internet (i hope). So my problem is still how to get the right Envelope
> Sender which would be something like "grabne26@utanet.at" where utanet
> is my dialin provider.
> Now you know the most of my personal email-accounts so i would like to
> do a complete "strip".
> grabner-it.at is my own domain hostet at ISP "inode" where my mailboxes
> are. There i have an SMTP.grabner-it.at which i can't use because they
> do not relay my own mails (maybe because dialed in at UTA)
> I think UTA "sometimes" !!!?? <thats strange dont like my mails but I
> don't get a bounce!
> Yes i want to use EXIM! (only for the case you ask for the sense)
>
> So how to configure exim to do the right Sender?

Look down towards the bottom of the /etc/exim/exim.conf file, there
should be a section for rewritting rules, the last line in my exim.conf
file goes something like:

*@dustpuppy    ${lookup{$1}lsearch{/etc/email-addresses}\
                                                {$value}fail} bcfrFs

which rewrites a whole bunch of headers including the sender according
to information found in /etc/email-addresses. The relevant line in there
is simply:

brettp: brettp@users.sourceforge.net

Hope that helps,

Brett Parker