Re: Someone tell me the secret of mutt

On Fri, Apr 12, 2002 at 11:23:57AM -0500, David Turetsky wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 11, 2002 at 10:16:34PM -0400, N. Thomas uttered:
> --> * Jeffrey W. Baker <jwbaker@acm.org> [2002-04-11 18:55:27 -0700]:
> --> >
> --> > Ximian Evolution really is a foul pig of an MUA.  I love pine, but it is
> --> > slow and featureless.  I want to try mutt.  The problem is, I can't figure
> --> > out in < 10 minutes how to do the most basic things with mutt:
> -->
> --> You really want to read the mutt newsgroup and/or join the mutt mailing
> --> lists. The Mutt Handbook would also be a great place to start.
> -->
> --> --
>
> Mutt is great. Read enough of the handbook or info to get started, then
> add to your knowledge as situations require. I started using it a year
> or two ago and find it a real treat

Amen to that! Same here, I just started about a month ago. The help
screen ("?") may seem to list a gazillion commands, but they are quite
straight-forward to follow. After a week of usage you should be able to
use them without a second thought.

Just in case you were wondering - I used kmail before mutt, and netscape
mail before that.

-Andy