Someone tell me the secret of mutt

Ximian Evolution really is a foul pig of an MUA.  I love pine, but it is
slow and featureless.  I want to try mutt.  The problem is, I can't
figure out in < 10 minutes how to do the most basic things with mutt:

* Configure it to get mail from my IMAP servers.
* Change IMAP folders.
* Set my SMTP server.
* Use my GPG key.
* Delete mail
* Purge mail
* Undelete mail
* Reply!

None of these things are really obvious in mutt.  There is a help screen
that lists approx. 20000000000000000 commands that I can't remember and
there isn't a particularly obvious way to search.

Because I'm a lazy dude, I would appreciate it if someone would give me
the Really Short Guide to Mutt for Pine Users.

And remember: there is NO NONE ZERO NADA ZIP interesting mail in the
local spool.  Everything is on IMAP, and any "features" for dealing with
local mail are just slow me down.

TIA,
jwb