Re: OT: vm vs mutt (was Re: Someone tell me the secret of mutt)

On Fri, Apr 12, 2002 at 01:33:23PM -0400, Craig Duncan wrote:
> David Turetsky writes:
>
> > Mutt is great. Read enough of the handbook or info to get started,
> > then add to your knowledge as situations require. I started using it
> > a year or two ago and find it a real treat
> >
> > --
> > David
>
> I just recently dumped Netscape mail in favor of vm (in emacs).
>
> [snip]
>
> So, i'm wondering if anyone has any experience with mutt and vm on
> which to base a comparison.  My reticence in not trying mutt earlier
> is the idea that i have to then go _into_ an editor to do stuff that i
> frequently do (not only reply but also snip bits and pieces out for
> saving).  My editor is emacs.  I don't want to use anything else and i
> can't quite comprehend how mutt and emacs could integrate very well.

I don't see how that would be a problem. You can tell mutt which editor
to use. Maybe I'm missing something emacs-specific here, as I don't use
it myself. Oh, and you can edit the message itself as well, not just
your replies.

--
Note that I use Debian version 3.0
Linux mus 2.4.17mvz4 #1 Fri Mar 15 23:30:15 CET 2002 i686 unknown

Matijs van Zuijlen