Re: Fonts on an LCD Flat Panel

Dimitri Maziuk <dmaziuk@yola.bmrb.wisc.edu> writes:

> I assume you're talking about X and Gnome? Unless someone
> comes up with a better advice, ditch Gnome and install KDE.
> On my LCD I get ugly fonts in gtk applications only, KDE ones
> are OK (though font quality on LCDs is noticeably lower than
> on CRTs, regardless).

Huh?

You both must have something massively misconfigured.  I have
perfectly fine fonts on an LCD running Gnome.

For starters, all you need to do is install the msttcorefonts package,
configure Gnome (and Emacs, and any other programs you use) to use
those fonts, and make sure you're running at the native resolution of
the LCD.  Of course, the devil is in the details, but it's perfectly
doable.

It is amazing how complete is the delusion that beauty is goodness.