Re: mail rules

on Thu, Apr 11, 2002, Paul 'Baloo' Johnson (baloo@ursine.dyndns.org) wrote:
> On Thu, 11 Apr 2002, Nathan E Norman wrote:
>
> > I'd take this effort more seriously if participants (like you) honored
> > my Mail-Followup-To: header which explicitly requests a response to the
> > list, and only to the list.  Until I see people practicing what they
> > preach, nay demand from the rest of the community, I reserve my
> > skepticism.
>
> I'd really appreciate it if people stopped complaining about getting
> CC'd in on list traffic when they make mention of this in obscure
> headers that most mailers don't support and are unseen unless you
> display full headers.

I'm mixed on this.  I think it's fair to complain, but not on list
(except in the context of another response).

OTOH, those who are most likely to have this beef are also more likely
to have the tools to handle the problem largely transparently.  Procmail
fits the bill perfectly here with its cache and setting proper filter
precedence.

Peace.

--
Karsten M. Self <kmself@ix.netcom.com>           http://kmself.home.netcom.com/
   Iomega:  click of death, Jaz Junk, and now, NAS?  Not!