RE: The latest round of antivirus bouncebacks

Karsten neglects to mention that he also sent a Spam/UCE/UBE report to
myself, abuse and postmaster@my.isp, abuse and postmaster@my.domain, as well
as domain-registrar@register.com. The body of this report contained thinly
veiled threats of being reported to the FTC as well as multiple abuse
reporting systems and indicated that email from my domain would now be
blocked by a large percentage of internet mail servers. Who specifically
this was reported to is unclear, however it is interesting to note that the
bridgehead SMTP server that sits between our Exchange Server and the
Internet began to indicate a high rate of forged address relay attempts
shortly after this spam report email arrived.

This surprises me in that other than the blanket definition of, Email I
don't want to see, I do not understand how a mail server here replying to a
message sender that it detected a virus in an attachment could be seen as
Spam, or unsolicited commercial content.

This is largely irrelevant as I have put in my request to unsubscribe,
corporate policy requires I unsub from lists that trip the AV filter.

I must say as a long time debian user and advocate, it breaks my heart to
see this foolhardy "anything that is Microsoft should be banned" attitude
proposed and accepted on a list whose purpose is to provide help to debian
users. Seems to me you would be throwing the baby out with the bath water.

-mjf

[...]