Re: alternative web browser to netscape

On Thu, 11 Apr 2002 13:59:01 -0700
Petro <petro@auctionwatch.com> wrote:

>     So you agree with me that forcing commercial buildings to be
>     handicap accessible is wrong? After all, they are being forced to
>     do *major* redesigns of the buildings (much more time consuming and
>     expensive than simply redesigning a web site) so a small percentage
>     of extra people can get to them.

No!!! Your analogy is all wrong - those with a disability have no choice,
the able-bodied can choose whether to use Linux or Windows. We have that
luxury.

In a later email to the list (I replied to Ben and the message went to the
German Debian User list) I wrote:

"An excellent piece of prose!! Cheers Ben - your arguments make a lot of
sense and I do agree with what you say. Maybe I hadn't realised the strong
connection between Microsoft and the non-display of certain web pages - I
suppose it is like the tip of an iceberg. I use Linux for all the reasons
you state and as head of ICT in a UK school I resist MS products where
possible. It could indeed be my cue to do something positive."

--
Phillip Deackes
Using Debian Linux

/"\