Re: Woody: Apache SSL not starting

On Thu, Apr 11, 2002 at 12:09:09PM -0400, Shawn McMahon wrote:
> begin  Holger Rauch quotation:
> >
> > I tried very hard, but suddenly https works. What doesn't work with
> > apache-ssl is "http://localhost/";, though. But this may be a bug which has
> > already been reported.
>
> That's not a bug, that's what it's supposed to do.  http uses port 80;
> https uses port 443.  They are not the same thing.
>
> The "SSL" in that package name is the clue.

Er, last time I used apache-ssl it supported HTTP and HTTPS hosts, so
http://localhost/ should indeed work, assuming the config file is set
up properly, which is a huge assumption.

However, I favor plain old apache + libapache-mod-ssl

--
Nathan Norman - Micromuse Ltd.  mailto:nnorman@micromuse.com
Gil-galad was an Elven-king.            |  The Fellowship