Re: Evolution and openoffice

On Wed, 2002-04-10 at 11:34, Paulo Jose da Silva e Silva wrote:
> Hello,
>
> After upgrading two woody boxes (grabbing evolution 1.0.3), evolution
> can't print e-mail anymore. Is anyone else experiencing this? Is there a
> solution?

Hi,

I found the problem with evolution printing. The problem is my locale
(pt_BR). If I restart my system with LC_ALL=en_US and set my language to
C/posix in gdm, printing works.

To make it work one needs to restart gnome under the new locale. One
should also use the command oaf-slay to kill oaf, since it doesn't exit
when you exit your gnome session (a well known bug).

Finally, a person in the evolution IRC channel suggested that the bug is
actually a libgtkhtml bug instead of a evolution bug. This makes sense
since I can print with my original locale from the evolution components
that do not use libgtkhtml. I'll submit a report to the Debian bug
tracking system

Now, only my Openoffice problem is misssing :-)

Best resgards,

Paulo