Eterm equivalent? (was Re: How to *not* restore screen after viewing man pages in X)

On Wed, Apr 10, 2002 at 06:47:10AM -0400, Bill Benedetto wrote:
> Look at the xterm resource "titeInhibit".  Set it to True to stop
> the xterm from resetting after less.
>
> You can test it like this:
>
>   xterm -xrm "XTerm*titeInhibit:True"

Cool.  Works great for xterm, but what's the Eterm equivalent?  The
obvious choice of

Eterm -xrm "Eterm*titeInhibit:True"

responds with

Eterm:  Error:  unexpected argument ETerm*titeInhibit:True -- expected option
Eterm:  Error:  Attempting to continue, but strange things may happen.

and then proceeds to give me a window with black-on-black text.
(I've also tried using ETerm*titeInhibit as the resource name and got
identical results.)

have already won. - reverius

Innocence is no protection when governments go bad. - Tom Swiss