Re: How to *not* restore screen after viewing man pages in X

On Wed, Apr 10, 2002 at 01:11:31AM -0500, Elizabeth Barham wrote:
> Bill Moseley <moseley@hank.org> writes:
>
> > When I view a man page or run vi or nano from xterm or Konsole and then
> > exit, the screen is restored to the way it was before I started the
> > program.
> >
> > This doesn't happen when not running X.  How do I disable this?  I like
> > to be able to scroll down in a man page, exit, and leave that text
> > viewable.

Weird ... the problem doesn't happen on my machine at all. However, I
use gnome-terminal, not xterm, so that might make a difference.

Yes, after installing and running xterm, I can confirm that. Is there
someone who knows why?

--
Note that I use Debian version 3.0
Linux mus 2.4.17mvz4 #1 Fri Mar 15 23:30:15 CET 2002 i686 unknown

Matijs