Re: 100dpi vs 75dpi

begin  Thomas Peri  quotation:

> I seem to be using 100dpi fonts.  This wouldn't bother me, but since
> many programs seem to assume 75dpi, lots of elements like buttons and
> things (especially in mozilla) are sized too small, and the text gets
> clipped.  How can I use 75dpi fonts instead?

If any program assumes 75 dpi, it's ineptly written garbage and you ought
to toss it out.

Mozilla does not assume 75 dpi; I use it with 100 dpi fonts all the time.

If your GTK apps have overly large fonts, you can adjust that in your
GTK theme. If you use GNOME, the GNOME control panel's "Appearance" dialog
allows you to override the GTK theme's font.

Craig