Re: .config file for kernel?

On Tue, Apr 09, 2002 at 04:56:04PM -0500, Brooks R. Robinson wrote:
> I am told that it (RedHat) basically requires re-installation.

Yup, I always had to burn ISO's whenever they had a new release.
The upgrade itself wasn't too painful, but I never found a way
to do it over the Internet. I saw my Dad do a dist-upgrade with
APT and thought, "Why am I still spending a night to upgrade distros
when I could do it automatically in 20 minutes?" Plus, new versions
of applications show up in unstable much, much faster than they make
it into Redhat.

--
Nick