Re: acroread

on Tue, Apr 09, 2002, Marcelo Chiapparini (chiappa@uerj.br) wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I am running woody and I need the Acrobar PDF reader. I can't find it
> in the woody package repository, however it is in potato (acroread
> 4.05-3) and in sid (acroread 4.05-5). I am quite sure that it was in
> woody too. What happened to it?

Use instead the free xdpf or gv readers, both of which handle (almost
all) PDF documents.

Adobe is the company behind the persecution of Dmitry Sklyarov and
ElcomSoft, under the DMCA, for pointing out and demonstrating the errors
in Adobe's copy prevention software.  Acrobat Reader is buggy non-free
software produced by a freedom-hostile firm.

Peace.

--
Karsten M. Self <kmself@ix.netcom.com>           http://kmself.home.netcom.com/
   Unless you are very rich and very eccentric, you will not enjoy the