Re: DNS questions

At 10:25 PM 04/08/02 +0400, Ricardo Fitzgerald wrote:

Date: 8 Apr 102 22:25:50 +0400

Year 102?

>I'm still confused regarding what what to put in my reverse zone
>files

Will you even handle reverse lookups for your IP address?  Has your
provider said that they will delegate the reverse to you?

For a small LAN that isn't expected to grow I would just use hosts files
internally, and not even bother setting up DNS zone files internally.

What I use is a zone file for my domain which just lists my machines
visible to the Internet, and aliases (although I use A instead of CNAME
mostly).

> mail      CNAME    ns

My memory is failing.  But I think you don't want CNAME there.

    mail    1D IN A  <your mail server ip>

--
Bill Moseley
mailto:moseley@hank.org