Re: Matrox G400 Hardware Acceleration

Michael J. Madden wrote:
Has anyone gotten hardware acceleration for the Matrox G400 working
under Woody.  I am using XFree86 4.1.0-14 with kernel 2.4.18.

I keep getting the following message in XFree86.0.log and glxinfo
reports direct rendering is disabled.
(==) MGA(0): Direct rendering disabled

Absolutely, but first you must get the drivers from the Matrox web site. Do nothing else, until this has been done, and you have followed their installation instructions.

After that, IIRC, it was rather easy.

But that's a different PC so I can't send you the XF86Config file.