Problem installing gdm

Hi all,
I've been using Debian for about a month now (switched from SuSE) and
I'm very happy with it. Looks like SuSE became a little too easy and I
was getting annoyed to reinstall every 3 months when a new version
came available (still think it's a fine distro though).
Debian is running on my desktop pc (woody) and the firewall (potato).

Ofcourse there is one little problem witch I can't figure out myself.
I've installed gdm before without a problem, but recently I wanted to
give Gnome a try and wanted to switch from wdm to gdm. But a apt-get
install gdm gives me 2 errors:

Setting up gdm (2.2.5.4-2) ...
scrollkeeper-update: /usr/local/share/omf: No such file or directory
Registering /usr/share/omf/gnome-games/aisleriot-it.omf
Registering /usr/share/omf/gnome-games/aisleriot-C.omf
Registering /usr/share/omf/gnome-games/gnome-mines-C.omf
Registering /usr/share/omf/gnome-games/gnome-stones-C.omf
<snip>
dpkg: error processing gdm (--configure):
 gdm

When I try to remove gdm it only works when I do a dpkg-reconfigure
wdm and select wdm as the default display manager. Otherwise the
apt-get remove gdm just hangs. After a ctrl-c it gives me

dpkg: error while cleaning up:
 gdm

Has it got something to do with scrollkeeper (the first error)?
How can I see what kind of error dpkg is having problems with?

--
	"Get back to your stations!"
	"We're beaming down to the planet, sir."