Re: Newbie:dpkg,dselect,apt?

On Sat, Apr 06, 2002 at 11:02:50PM +0000, gob wrote:
> Ah sorry I do believe I have potato.  Maybe thats the origin of this
> quandry.

That's quite a different story. There are a LOT of GRAVE dependency
problems involved with installing that X-4.1.deb on potato. You must
instead upgrade the whole system from potato to woody, but that is
most likely not as easy as reinstalling from a 'woody' CD, as Kent
suggested.

On the other hand, if you just get you modem working it can be as
simple as

apt-get update
apt-get dist-upgrade

and answering some configuration questions for different packages.

--
Note that I use Debian version 3.0
Linux emac140 2.4.17 #1 sön feb 10 20:21:22 CET 2002 i686 unknown

Hans Ekbrand