Re: usb-storage problem

I solved the problem. I read somewhere in a discussion forum :

"This motherboard does not currently work with USB in SMP mode, unless
you boot with "noapic" on the command line.  People are working on it,
but it's slow going.
FWIW, Windows2000 refuses to also work for this VIA USB chipset :)"

so I boot the kernel (2.4.17) with noapic as argument and it works fine