Re[4]: FQDN hostname

Thursday, April 04, 2002, 10:43:10 PM, Alan Chandler wrote:

> It seems to me it might be useful for you to take a step away from the
> problem and realise three things.

> 1) Its not your computer but each interface that has an IP address

That makes sense when I pause to think about it. =]

As for the FQDN, I figured it out. The problem lay in /etc/dhcp/config
where it asks for the hostname there. When I changed that to a FQDN,
postfix installed without a hiccup.

But now I run into the problem that when I send mail to root, (I
believe) it's being sent to my ISP. The modem lights flash.

If I want to keep my mail all local, should I be using a fudged
hostname?

--
  - Alan Poulton (apoulton@telus.net) -
6 out of 5 people have problems with fractions.