Re: XFree86 problems

On Thursday 04 April 2002 15:04, Fañch wrote:
> On Wed, 3 Apr 2002, Bob Underwood wrote:
> > On Wednesday 03 April 2002 16:53, Fanch wrote:
> > > I have now tried to install Debian 3 times without succes on an i586
> > > which has run RedHat6.2 until I began my Debian experiments...
> >
> > What version of debian were you trying to install?  i.e., stable,
> > testing? which version os XFree86?
>
> Potato (weird name indeed! makes me think about Frank Zappa's
> "the thing fish"...) Debian 2.2r5 - i386,
> XFree86-3.3.6-11potato32
>
> Another question by the way: I'm not used to this list and I'm a
> bit confused about where my answers go to, do they get sendt to
> the list or to your personal address?
>
> Thanks for the promptness of your answer...
>
> François

As has been noted, it's preferable to respond to the list.  That way,
everyone can have the opportunity to respond and there are many that know
far, far more than I.

You will need, as a minimum, to install xserver-common and the xserver
package specific to your video card.  It would be helpful if you would post
the make of your card to the list.

Bob