Re: Re: changing the screen resolutionctrl alt + not working

netscape@pandora.tiscali.nl wrote:

> NumLock doesnt need to be on. I just tested that.
> Your problem could be caused by X only accepting one of the three
>resolutions you try to specify in your config file.
> You dont provide enough information to see if this is the case.
> Which version of X do you run ?
> Woody or Potato ?
> What does your config file say ?
> Which resolution are you running now ? (you can see it by running

Yes, Numlock doesnt need to be on, I figured out that it was with running my XF86Setup that has the problem. I ran it in X and I was asked if that was a reconfiguration.- that was the wrong thing that I did! I started XF86Setup in the console mode instead. pickec up the right resolutions and- it works now.Nmow my problem is that it the mouse scrolls as if I have a  1024 x 728 res on a 640x480. Im using wine and running half life in it.

Thanks for all the inputs you gave

Aldous