Re: changing the screen resolutionctrl alt + not working

> On Wed, Apr 03, 2002 at 01:59:10AM +0800, Aldous B Bernardo wrote:
> >Hi,
> >  How do I change the screen resolution in X? I want to be able to shift to different resolutions. I read that i can change resolution by pressing ctrl+alt and numpad + but it doesnt work. I tried checking the settings in XF86Setup and included 640x480 800x600 and 1024x728 as the supported resolutions.
> >  What am I doing wrong?

 NumLock doesnt need to be on. I just tested that.
 Your problem could be caused by X only accepting one of the three
resolutions you try to specify in your config file.
 You dont provide enough information to see if this is the case.
 Which version of X do you run ?
 Woody or Potato ?
 What does your config file say ?
 Which resolution are you running now ? (you can see it by running
xvidtune)
 and anything else you think is relevant.

 You pressed the right buttons alright.
 You didnt happen to custom-bind these buttons to other functions did
you ?

 Have fun !

 Siward